Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Out of Bed, Out the Door, Ten Minutes

Spring has sprung! Well...Monday it did, anyway.



Today, not so much.

This morning had all the makings of The Morning From Hell.

12 a.m. I finally drift off to sleep after staring at the ceiling and counting the seconds between lightning flashes and thunder booms.

2 a.m. I practically pee in my bed when I am violently startled by the biggest clap of thunder I have ever heard in my life. I thought the windows were going to blow it!! It happened *right* over our apartment. Takes me a minute to compose myself from that rude awakening, but eventually I fall back to sleep.

5:30 a.m. I am supposed to be roused from slumber by my kind, chiming alarm. Instead, it doesn't go off, and I am asleep.

6:55 a.m. I jolt awake and realize it is far too bright outside to be 5:30 a.m. Say the eff-dash-dash-dash word.

6:55:15 a.m. Clamored to the bathroom and prayed to God that my hair was acceptable for "teacher" day. Ripped labels/God forsaken stickers off new makeup and poured it on my face while simultaneously brushing my teeth. Throw on clothes (pretty good combo for 20 seconds--dress pants, tank, hells-yeah-leopard sweater, heels). Throw hair in pony tail and grab bag.

7:10 a.m. Bolt down the stairs to my car with yogurt (straw slammed through the foil lid--efficiency, people, efficiency).

7:15 a.m. Arrive to pick up Dr. Dayton-Wood to go to Bryant. Am shaking from lack of food and excessive amounts of adrenaline coursing through my veins.

Our lesson with the ninth graders went well, and one girl totally stole my heart. When we came in, she said, "Miss Leah, I did all my research! Can I get a hug?" She's so sweet--and on point! She's not even in my group. Props, awesome 9th grader. Headed to Becca's at 9:30 and drove fast enough to get a Chick-fil-a biscuit ("It's about damn time," said stomach.)

Miss Lauren always makes my day a little brighter.

I've watched her the past two days, and we have so much fun. She barely even cries when Becca leaves now. She's a mama's girl for sure, Miss Clingy, but now she likes me when I come in the door...most days. :)


Lauren offering me some of her snack.

Colby and Jackson, or Cheese Heads as I refer to them...in my head, waiting for scraps.

We played and played today after Lauren woke up from her nap. This is her monster puppet. Most kids would be freaked out by this furry friend, but Lauren flippin' loves him! I enjoy making my nice monster voice and pretending to eat smoothies that Lauren makes. (Um, the only blender we had in my day was the real deal. She has a singing shape sorter blender. "Throw in some apples, then add some grapes, and I'll whip you up a nice drink," sings the blend. Too bad Mr. Blender probably doesn't make margaritas...)


Baby necklace...which also doubles as a hula hoop.

After hanging out with Lauren and running up to school to make some copies, I got my hair cut. Just needed a little trim to shape things up. I was having a missing chunk issue as one side of my hair seemed to grow faster than the other. All fixed now. I'll post pics later when I've had a chance to do it myself. I always tell Julie I like volume, but she doesn't get it...a girl cain't never tease her hay-ur too big!

Also went to Old Navy with Ellyn, and I found a pair of shorts, a gray "swirly skirt," and a pair of mustard yellow sandals I've been stalking for a while. Love! Will post pics of them later. I also found to pins ($0.50 each!) for St. Patty's Day. My mom and I will head to Savannah, GA on Sunday for Spring Break. I still don't think she realizes what a big deal St. Patty's is in Savannah, but it'll be fun!!

1 comment:

Alex Horne said...

ALLIE HAS THAT SAME FREAKING BLENDER! I was just discussing this with Daren last night that it is not a good toy to have because it promotes sticking your hand in a BLENDER! & I KNOW THAT FREAKING SONG. I go to sleep with it in my head just about every night because it's one of her favorites! WHAT THE HELLLL hahahah.