Sunday, March 7, 2010

Was that a Roman Numeral 9?

Another great (calorie-filled) weekend!!

On Friday afternoon, Alex, Sarah, and I went to Plato's closet and found some sweet deals. I got a great Cocoa Authentic Vintage (never heard of it!) sweatshirt with an elephant on it, and Sarah found practically an entire spring wardrobe! I can't remember what Alex got (sorry!!). That night Alex came with me and my education peeps to Brown's Corner, and we listened to the dueling pianos for a few hours. I enjoyed our outing--especially the second half after someone who was in a foul mood left--and spending time with my pals. Then Alex took us to Taco Bell for fourth meal where we spent at least 20 hours in line at the drive-thru, followed by another 20 minutes while Alexa tried to remember the name of her favorite taco/burrito hybrid. Taco Bell's all the same, Lex. Beef, cheese, lettuce in some corn/flour tortilla-like casing. They're just folded different. :)
Alex and me before we left
Alexa, me, and Sarah at Brown's Corner. These are two of my closest friends since I've been at Bama!

Alex and Alexa yelling at each other...nicely.

Saturday morning I slept in until 10 (unheard of these days) and pretty much hung out watching back-to-back AWESOME movies like Legally Blonde and No Reservations most of the day, stopping here and there to do homework. But I hate doing homework on Saturdays, so I quit and made dinner with Ellyn. She had some Asian chicken helper something or other, and we tried our hands at making shrimp sauce...and it worked!! It wasn't as good as Ichiban's or Kobe's shrimp sauce, but it was a great first try. After we stuffed ourselves, I headed to Lauren's with some of the crew to watch Zack Galifianakas host SNL. It was pretty funny--"You're the worst!"--but the best laughs came after we went to midnight sushi at Surin.
We got there at midnight and our party of 12 was ready for some dollar sushi and other Thai treats. The poor sweatly, clearly frazzled host said it'd be about 20 minutes until we had a table. We were seated at 1 a.m., but the kind host gave us free saki for being so patient. Dollar sushi turned out to be baby sushi, but we still had a blast and enjoyed each other's company, drawing all over the paper table runner and entertaining the waiter with our comics and stories. An hour-and-a-half later, our bellies stuffed and our eyelids drooping, we headed home.
We were stopped at the red light at University and Campus--by Publix--when 3 guys crossed the road. All three were clad in popped collar polos, and they began fist pumping Jersey Shore style as they walked through the cross walk. I have an affinity for fist pumping and the GLT (gym, tan, laundry) routine even though I've never seen the show, so I suggested that we also pump our fists in the air to show the boys our approval for their sweet guido get-up and general carriage. They began to yell enthusiastically, thanking us for our camaraderie, especially after we rolled down the window and started chanting "G! T! L! G! T! L!" Then, Mr. Pink Popped Collar Polo Man who sported some sweet red shutter shades, that he no doubt scored at the basketball game a few weeks ago, showed his supreme gratitude by jumping in front of Alex's (stopped) car, dancing and errrmm...spanking? the hood, all the while flicking his tongue and batting his eyes. He was trying to be sexy...or something. All I know is I almost peed my pants, and Alex couldn't breathe because she was laughing so hard. I thought Lauren was going to pass out because I she barely breathed between high pitched squeals of laughter than made us all dissolve into fights of hysterical giggles all over again. Definitely a top 5 moment in college. I haven't laughed that hard in SO long.
Today wasn't nearly so hilarious. After church and a day of homewoooorkin' (Boooo!), I went to Lauren's to watch the Oscars with Alex, Ally, and Lauren. We made a few yummy snacks: Alex's brownies, Ally's homemade (from a bag) cheese sticks, Lauren's rotel/chili dip, and chicken crack dip, my signature appetizer, passed down from my mom's side of the family...or easily googled.
Chicken Crack Dip ('Cause it's like a drug...you can't get enough)
1 lb. chicken breast, cooked and shredded OR 2 10 oz. cans all white meat chicken
16 oz. cream cheese, softened
16 oz. ranch dressing
8 oz. Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
buffalo sauce (Frank's Buffalo Sauce is my favorite)
  • Preheat oven to 350*.
  • Shred chicken and place in a mixing bowl with enough buffalo sauce to coat (or more if you're adventurous).
  • Spread chicken and sauce mixture into the bottom on an 8x8 or 9x9 glass baking dish and set aside.
  • Melt cream cheese over medium heat, stirring frequently with a whisk for smoothest consistency.
  • Add ranch dressing when the cream cheese is smooth.
  • Pour cream cheese and ranch mixture over chicken and smooth out.
  • Top with cheese.
  • Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese is bubbly. Do not let it get browned on top or the cheese will harden. Serve with Fritos or tortilla chips.


350* of deliciousness!

We were so happy that Sandra Bullock won Best Actress, but we were so sick of hearing about Avatar and the Hurt Locker and waiting 20 minutes between awards! Luckily, we had tons of yummy (terrible for you) food to snack on while we waited!!

Ali desparate for food...or falling over...not sure which.

Our spread...super healthy, right??

Alex is tweekin' for fried food! :)

1 comment:

Alex Horne said...

no no noooO! tweekin' for the CRACK dip. gahhh you can't get anything right ;)